Sainik Schools are government-aided residential schools that aim to prepare students for entry into the National Defence Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and other Officer Training Academies. If you’re interested in getting admission to a Sainik School in India, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Check eligibility criteria: The candidate should be between 10 to 12 years of age on 31 March of the year of admission. Also, the candidate must be medically fit for admission.
- Register for the entrance exam: Sainik Schools conduct an entrance exam called the All India Sainik School Entrance Examination (AISSEE). The registration for the exam usually opens in October and the exam is held in January. You can register online through the official website of Sainik School Society or visit the respective Sainik School to fill the application form.
- Prepare for the entrance exam: The AISSEE is a written exam that tests a student’s knowledge in subjects such as Mathematics, English, Science, and Social Studies. Students can prepare for the exam by referring to textbooks, sample papers, and online resources.
- Take the entrance exam: The AISSEE is usually held in January. The exam duration is 2.5 hours, and it consists of multiple-choice questions.
- Attend the interview: Candidates who clear the written exam will be called for an interview, which will assess their suitability for admission.
- Submit necessary documents: Selected candidates will be required to submit their birth certificate, category certificate, and other necessary documents.
- Medical examination: Students who clear the interview will be required to undergo a medical examination to ensure they are medically fit for admission.
If you fulfill the eligibility criteria and prepare well for the entrance exam, you can secure admission in a Sainik School.